Mr. Dunning gives his skeptical presentation of 5 different miracles or miraculous events. These events include:
- The Incorruptible Monk – a monk who died in 1927, and whose body has never degraded.
- The Angels of Mons – a group of angels who are said to have protected the British Army from the Germans in the Battle of Mons in World War I.
- The Miracle of Calanda – a farmer’s amputated leg is miraculously restored.
- John Frum and the Cargo Cults of Vanuatu – The mythology and religion of cargo cults.
- The Virgin of Guadalupe – The miraculous appearance of the Virgin Mary before Juan Diego.
Apologies for the poor recording. There was a lot of ambient noise, and a lot of cleaning up and removing some very intrusive noises.
Since 2012 CVAAS has been working toward making better quality recordings, and we will bring better podcasts to you in the future.
You can hear more of Brian Dunning on his own podcast, from the “Skeptoid” podcast website.
The CVAAS Heretic’s Barbecue is an annual event that happens every year in late October. This event has been increasing in size since it started, and is always a great time to get together and celebrate with other secular and skeptical people and their supporters.
We have a great lunch, some excellent presentations, and crafts and activities. In the past we have created our own UFOs, made pottery on a real potter’s wheel, made T-shirt art, traveled through “bad luck” gauntlets, committed homeopathic “suicide” and even walked on water!
What is coming up in future Heretic’s Barbecues? Check out cvaas.org and find out! And instead of hearing our speakers in a podcast, you can hear them while having some delicious barbecue among secular and skeptical friends.